Obtaining a Certificate of Eligibility

A Certificate of Eligibility is a certificate of eligibility that shows that a foreigner residing abroad has passed the preliminary examination to enter Japan. Proof.

When a foreigner arrives in Japan, he or she must apply for landing permission at an airport or other location and be examined by an immigration inspector, in which case the following requirements must be proven.

  1. The applicant’s passport or visa must be valid.
  2. The activity to be carried out in Japan must not be false, and it must meet the requirements of the status of residence. In addition, if the applicant’s status of residence has certain landing permission criteria, the applicant must meet those criteria.
  3. The period of stay must conform to the provisions of the Ministry of Justice Ordinance.
  4. The applicant does not fall under any of the grounds for denial of landing.

A Certificate of Eligibility is issued by the Minister of Justice upon application and certifies that the conditions for landing (2) above are met.

Once you have a Certificate of Eligibility, the procedures for visa issuance and landing examination at the Japanese diplomatic mission abroad will go smoothly. This is a substantial landing permit.

How to enter Japan with a Certificate of Eligibility

1.Apply to the Immigration Bureau for a Certificate of Eligibility.

2.Issuance of a Certificate of Eligibility

3.It will be mailed to the foreigner’s home country.

4.Application for a visa is made by the foreigner himself/herself at the Japanese embassy or consulate in his/her home country.

5.Bring your passport with a visa and apply for landing at the airport or port in Japan.

6.If permission is granted, you will be allowed to land in Japan.

You can apply for a Certificate of Eligibility if you are a spouse of a Japanese national or an employer of a prospective employer in Japan. A person related to the applicant, or a qualified administrative scrivener can apply at the nearest immigration office on his behalf.

The “Temporary Visitor” and “Permanent Resident” statuses are not covered by the Certificate of Eligibility.